“Sometimes your only available form of transportation is a leap of faith.” Margaret Shepard
A lot of people make the decision to leave their marriages in January – it’s actually known as Divorce Month because it’s the month with the most divorce filings.
As a Love Coach, it’s certainly my busiest month.
I think there’s the two dynamics at play that drive the timing of this decision:
- Having the holidays in the past (no one wants to ruin Christmas), and
- A view toward the fresh start that a new year (I am not going to be feeling this way at this time next year).
But to make a decision like that – a decision to potentially leave your marriage – you want to be sure.
That decision impacts literally every aspect of your life.
And to be sure, you want to know you’ve tried everything possible you know how make the marriage work.
But how? And what exactly does that looks like?
So, I have some options for you:
- You can exist and suffer through the holidays, knowing that once it’s all over you’re probably going to be contacting an attorney (because it’s not going to magically improve on its own), or…..
- You can stay in indecision for a while longer, hoping things will magically get better and sitting in a pain that – even though it might not feel good – is a pain that you know,…or
- You can use this time – call it The Calm before the Storm – to get clear….to know your answer for your life…and to know what the next right step is for you and your family. To be sure if….
- You can make this marriage work and feel good again….
- Or release this marriage as gently and as lovingly as possible.
What’s your choice? Because it is a choice….
If you’re choosing either the first or the second options, I’ll be here and ready to help guide you back home to your heart. Sometimes we have to say “no” one hundred times before we’re finally ready to say “yes” to ourselves.
But if you’re ready to use this time – this small space we have right now – to be sure…to know you’ve done all that you can…so that even if it ends, you don’t carry a lifetime of regret…we need to talk (but SOON….because I will fill-up quickly come Divorce Month).
I will not judge you. I will not have an agenda for your life or your marriage. I will guide you through this to your answer for your marriage and your life. You have my promise.