You might’ve thought that 20 years into your marriage, you’d have it all figured out… but that’s rarely the case. In fact, the divorce rate for couples aged 50+ is skyrocketing, and it’s the women who are serving the papers.
In this episode, I explore why that is and what makes relationships falter after decades spent together. You’ll learn about new challenges to anticipate in a mature marriage and how to navigate conflicting desires and goals with your partner. I’ll also share 5 warning signs that your marriage is in trouble so you can get out ahead of snowballing issues and give your relationship the best shot possible.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Why two-thirds of divorces between couples aged 50+ are instigated by the woman
- The unique struggles we face in mature marriages (even if the early days went well)
- 5 warning signs that your marriage is in trouble (and what to do about it)
- Why many men and women are misaligned in their goals & energy levels after the kids move out
- How to renegotiate what the second half of your marriage looks like
Featured On The Show:
If you have a suggestion for a future episode or a question you’d like me to answer on the show, email us.
Struggling to decide whether to stay or go in your marriage and you’re serious about finding that answer?
Book a Truth & Clarity Session with a member of my team. We’ll discuss where you are in your marriage and explore if there’s a fit for you and I to work together so you can make - and execute - the RIGHT decision for YOU and your marriage.